Mayor DeViet opened the meeting by extending congratulations to the Middlesex Centre Archives for receiving the 2022 Institutional Award from the Archives Association of Ontario. The award recognizes Middlesex Centre Archives for their exceptional work of preserving and making accessible the documentary heritage of Middlesex Centre.
Mayor DeViet also congratulated Middlesex Centre’s finance and communications staff for receiving a Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA - USA/Canada) for the 2022 Municipal Budget. This award is granted to budgets that satisfy best-practice guidelines designed to assess how well they serve as a policy document, a financial plan, an operations guide, and a communications device. Receiving the award confirms that Middlesex Centre’s 2022 Budget was presented in an open, transparent and understandable manner.
During the meeting, Council:
- Received a presentation from the municipality’s auditors and adopted the 2021 Audited Financial Statements.
- Received several other finance-related reports: actuarial valuation of employee future benefits; asset management plan update; and budget to actuals for May 2022.
- Ratified lease agreements for the Middlesex Centre Regional Medical Clinic and authorized a lease agreement for land adjacent to the Hokkanson Pit located on Hedley Dr.
- Received an update on an Agricultural, Food and Rural Affairs Appeal Tribunal with regards to the Komoka Drainage Work – Union Ave. Branch. The tribunal dismissed an appeal that had been brought forward, and the municipality can now proceed with the planned drainage improvements.
- Amended the Site Plan Control By-law to delegate authority to sign site plan control agreements to the Chief Building Official and the Director of Engineering and Public Works, in response to requirements of Ontario’s More Homes for Everyone Act, 2022 (Bill 109).
- Sitting as the Committee of Adjustment and in full Council, considered a number of planning and minor variance applications.
Next Council Meeting
The next regularly scheduled Middlesex Centre Council Meeting is set for Wednesday, July 6, 2022, at 9:30am.
Meeting times are subject to change, so please confirm with the meeting agenda when posted.
For More Information
For more details on any of these items, see the full meeting agenda or contact the Municipal Clerk. You can view the meeting on YouTube.