NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the list of all persons entitled to be electors for municipal elections in this municipality has been prepared. All electors should ensure their name and relevant information is correct on the Voters List.
Confirm your Information
To confirm the accuracy of your information on the Voters List, contact the Voter Help Centre at 519-666-0190 ext 5299 or email@example.com.
Update your Information
If required, you may make an application to remove, add or correct your information on the Voters List using the prescribed form Application to Amend Voters List (see attached) and providing proof of identity and residence as prescribed (see attached).
You may submit your signed application:
- In Person at the Middlesex Centre municipal office during office hours from September 9, 2022, to October 24, 2022 (hours on October 24 are 8:30 am to 8:00 pm). Ensure you have the proper identification with you.
- By Mail to the Middlesex Centre municipal office. Mailed-in requests must be received prior to the start of the advanced voting period on October 17, 2022, to ensure there is time for a new voter card to be sent out. Should you submit your application by mail, you are required to submit a certified copy of your proof of identification and residence/occupancy
- By Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email requests must be received prior to the start of the advanced voting period on October 17, 2022, to ensure there is time for a new voter card to be sent out. Should you submit your application by email, you are required to submit a certified copy of your proof of identification and residence/occupancy.
Note than an elector can no longer remove a family member’s name from the Voters List, except in the case of a deceased person.
Qualification of Electors
A person is entitled to vote in a municipal election if he or she on Voting Day,
- resides in the local municipality, or is the owner or tenant of land in the municipality, or the spouse of such owner or tenant;
- is a Canadian citizen;
- is at least 18 years old; and
- is not prohibited from voting by law.
Dated this 9th day of September, 2022.